The latest articles and news from Business Insurance
- Pro-employer bent seen with NLRB’s new GOP majority April 24, 2018 11:44 amThe Senate’s approval of John F. Ring as the new chair of the National Labor Relations Board this month restores a Republican majority to the board and heralds more pro-employer rulings.
- Flood coverage examined following catastrophe claims April 24, 2018 11:39 amHurricane Harvey produced numerous commercial flood claims that are keeping attorneys and other claim professionals busy and catalyzing discussions about potential changes in flood underwriting.
- Insurers could be fined millions of euros under new data rules: PwC April 24, 2018 11:02 amA survey by U.K.-based consultancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers International Ltd. found that insurance chief executives in Ireland are concerned about their organizations’ preparedness for complying with new data rules.
- German automakers likely to face heavy fines for collusion April 24, 2018 11:01 amGerman automakers including BMW A.G., Daimler A.G. and Volkswagen A.G. are likely to face heavy fines as the European Commission has deepened its investigation into a decade-long collusion by the companies.
- Sompo to open Luxembourg unit to access EU post Brexit April 24, 2018 10:59 amBermuda-based insurer and reinsurer Sompo International Holdings Ltd. plans to set up a new unit in Luxembourg to maintain access to European Union countries post Brexit.
- Insurers to pay $121 million for lost satellite April 24, 2018 10:58 amInsurers are expected to pay $121 million for the loss of a telecom satellite that was launched by Russia for Angola in December 2017.
- Zimbabwe to set up insurance crime unit April 24, 2018 10:56 amZimbabwe is setting up an independent insurance crime unit to fight increasing fraud claims, which total $165 million per year.
- Munich Re expects nearly $1 billion in profit April 24, 2018 10:54 amMunich Reinsurance Co. expects to post a consolidated profit of more than €800 million ($976 million) in the first quarter due to lower than expected payout for major losses.
- Indian insurer's profit rises nearly 30% April 24, 2018 10:52 amIndia-based Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd.'s net profit grew 28% to more than 1.6 billion Indian rupees ($24 million) in the fiscal year ended March 31.
- Lassa fever outbreak slows in Nigeria, reduces risk to pandemic cat bond April 24, 2018 10:50 amData from the World Health Organization showed that the spread of the Lassa fever outbreak in Nigeria has slowed, reducing the risk to The World Bank Group's catastrophe bonds.