The latest articles and news from Business Insurance
- Industry group applauds tax reform vote November 17, 2017 9:19 pm
- Markel reveals CFO succession plan November 17, 2017 7:57 pm
- Employer safety citation vacated on lack of proof November 17, 2017 7:49 pmAn administrative law judge of the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission has vacated a serious citation and proposed penalty against an employer due to the Department of Labor’s failure to prove the employer violated the cited standard.
- Endo unit cleared of liability in first testosterone replacement trial November 17, 2017 5:54 pm
- Johnson & Johnson wins lawsuit claiming asbestos in talc caused cancer November 17, 2017 5:38 pm
- Northern California wildfires to be costliest in US history: Fitch November 17, 2017 3:59 pmOctober's California wildfires will be the costliest wildfire loss in U.S. history, U.K.-based Fitch Ratings Ltd. said, citing insured loss estimates of $8 billion.
- The BI Top 10 November 17, 2017 2:35 pmThis week's most popular stories include news about Axa and Zurich, as well as a cease-and-desist order for a California insurer selling workers comp policies.
- Quake causes more than $6 billion of damage November 17, 2017 10:49 amMojtaba Nikkerdar, deputy governor of Iran's Kermanshah province, said that a Nov. 12 quake caused an estimated $6.3 billion worth of damage in the province.
- Brexit-induced business losses, shortage of skills weigh on U.K. brokerages November 17, 2017 10:47 amU.K.-based insurance brokers are expected to face several challenges in 2018, such as a potential loss of business due to Brexit, shortage of skills and demand to specialize, among others.