The latest articles and news from Business Insurance
- Liberty Mutual sells life unit, realigns property/casualty January 19, 2018 8:40 pmLiberty Mutual Insurance Co. will realign its property/casualty operations following the announcement it would sell its life and disability insurance unit to Lincoln Financial Group for about $3.3 billion, Liberty Mutual said in a statement Friday.
- Court reinstates charges for fired tutor under ADA January 19, 2018 6:58 pmA federal appeals court has overturned a lower court ruling and reinstated discrimination and retaliation charges under the Americans with Disabilities Act filed by a writing tutor who was fired by her community college after taking a leave.
- JLT Re unveils analytics software January 19, 2018 6:43 pm
- Employer can’t claw back mistaken payment to attorney: Court January 19, 2018 6:31 pm
- Oblivious advertising misstep heats up diversity debate January 19, 2018 6:19 pmSwedish fashion retailer H&M may have learned its lesson — albeit the hard way — following the tumult it created with its “coolest monkey in the jungle” sweatshirt advertisement.
- Cleaning company owner pleads guilty to workers comp fraud January 19, 2018 6:05 pmThe owner of a Hudson, Ohio-based cleaning business must serve 30 days under house arrest and pay $14,000 in restitution to the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation after pleading guilty to workers comp fraud.
- HSBC to pay $101.5M to settle probe into currency rigging January 19, 2018 4:27 pm(Reuters) — HSBC Holdings P.L.C. on Thursday agreed to pay $101.5 million to settle a U.S. criminal probe into the rigging of currency transactions, which has already led to the conviction of one of its former bankers.
- Calif. retailer sentenced to prison for tax, workers comp fraud January 19, 2018 3:49 pmThe owner and operator of a Southern California retail chain was sentenced to two years in prison for sales tax evasion, false income tax returns, failure to pay taxes and workers compensation fraud, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced Wednesday.
- Possible Buffett successor Jain reports $109 million Berkshire stake January 19, 2018 3:19 pm
- MetLife, regulator ask for dismissal of ‘too big to fail’ case January 19, 2018 3:02 pm