The latest articles and news from Asia Insurance Review
- Indonesia: Authority upbeat about insurance industry November 21, 2017 2:51 amThe Financial Services Authority (OJK) is optimistic that insurance and reinsurance premium revenue will be able to reach IDR258 trillion (US$19.1 billion) for the whole of ths year, in line with its projections.
- China: SOE shares to be transferred to pension funds November 21, 2017 2:51 amChina will begin a pilot programme this year to transfer shares in state-owned enterprises (SOEs) to social security funds in an effort to make up for shortfalls in the nation's pension scheme, reported Reuters.
- Australia: General insurers to see improving profitability November 21, 2017 2:51 amThe profitability of Australia's general insurance sector should continue to improve after it ended a price war that had held back premium growth.
- South Korea: Insurers deterred by low take-up of quake cover November 21, 2017 2:51 amInsurers in South Korea are reluctant to market quake cover because this class of business is seen as unprofitable due to a low take-up rate.
- India: Road injuries and self harm cause the most injury burden November 21, 2017 2:51 amRoad injuries and self-harm, which includes suicides and non-fatal outcomes of self-harm, are the leading contributors to the injury burden in India, says a report compiled by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Public Heath Foundation of India (PHFI) and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME).