The latest articles and news from Asia Insurance Review
- Global: Redesigning takaful September 21, 2017 12:59 pmThe takaful industry needs to transform business to assimilate disruptive forces, appeal to millennials and move towards the next phase of "takaful 2.0", said speakers at the Takaful Rendezvous 2017 organised by Asia Insurance Review.
- Malaysia: Great Eastern could raise US$1 bln from sale of local unit September 21, 2017 12:59 pmSingapore's Great Eastern Holdings is said to be exploring selling its stake in its Malaysian operations for as much as US$1 billion.
- India: SBI Life is 1st financial institution with IPO of US$1+ bln September 21, 2017 12:59 pmSBI Life Insurance has won the distinction of being the first company in the financial sector to raise funds of over US$1 billion in an IPO. The insurer plans to collect INR84 billion (US$1.3 billion) through the share sale, which opened yesterday.
- China: ZhongAn's IPO several times oversubscribed September 21, 2017 12:59 pmZhongAn Online Property and Casualty Insurance, China's first Internet-only insurer, has covered by multiple times the institutional tranche of its initial public offering of up to $1.5 billion, reported Reuters citing people familiar with the deal.
- Australia: Biggest super fund allows young to opt-in to insurance September 21, 2017 12:59 pmIn an industry first, young members of AustralianSuper will be able to opt in to insurance rather than automatically receive it when they join the fund.