The latest articles and news from Asia Insurance Review
- Vietnam: Insurance sector maintains growth momentum in 1H July 18, 2018 3:08 pmInsurance companies in Vietnam collected VND58.6tn ($2.6bn) in premiums in the first half of this year, up nearly 24.4% year-on-year, according to data from the Insurance Supervisory Agency under the Finance Ministry.
- India: Perception is changing of life insurance purpose July 18, 2018 3:08 pmThe insurance market in India is seen as an anomaly compared to the rest of the world, because the domestic focus is more on returns on investment than on protection, according to Ms Anjali Malhotra, chief customer, marketing and digital officer of Aviva Life Insurance.
- Global: IMF warns of less even economic growth and rising trade tensions July 18, 2018 3:08 pmGlobal growth is projected to reach 3.9% in 2018 and 2019, but the expansion is becoming less even, and risks to the outlook are mounting, says the IMF in its July 2018 World Economic Outlook Update.
- New Zealand: CPI data show insurance premium hikes are hefty July 18, 2018 3:08 pmInflation data from Statistics New Zealand indicate that home, car and contents insurance premiums have been soaring in the country.
- China: Construction group launches insurance broker in Shanghai July 18, 2018 3:08 pmHaotian Insurance Brokers (Shanghai), which held its opening ceremony on 16 July, has already applied for licences to operate eight branches or units across China. Regulatory filing has been completed for five of these branches.