The latest articles and news from Asia Insurance Review
- Indonesia: Reinsurance business forecast to become more profitable July 22, 2017 2:38 amThe profitability of reinsurance business in Indonesia is expected to increase following more efficient underwriting practices and increased reliance on underwriting activity, Fitch Ratings says in a new report titled "Indonesian Reinsurance Dashboard 2017".
- India: States urged to form their own crop insurers July 22, 2017 2:38 amThe Indian central government has asked state governments to set up their own insurance companies for better implementation of the crop insurance scheme, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY).
- NZ: Central bank studies IMF financial system recommendations July 22, 2017 2:38 amThe Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ), which oversees the country's financial system including the insurance sector, is considering recommendations made in an International Monetary Fund review that will help improve insurance and other financial supervision.
- Japan: Life insurers seen as crucial to regional bank reform bid July 22, 2017 2:38 amLife insurers are being swayed to back efforts by the Financial Services Agency (FSA) to reform regional banks of which the insurers are often top shareholders.
- China: Yangtze flood is world's costliest natural disaster in 1H July 22, 2017 2:38 amThe costliest natural disaster in the world during the first half of 2017 was a multiweek flood event from mid-June into early July across China's Yangtze River basin that left more than 410,000 homes damaged or destroyed, vast swathes of cropland submerged, and damaged infrastructure, according to Impact Forecasting, Aon Beneld's catastrophe model development team.