The latest articles and news from Asia Insurance Review
- Philippines: Rules issued for Web aggregators October 23, 2018 12:22 amThe Philippines Insurance Commission (IC) has published a set of rules covering insurance Web aggregators, stating that the move enables the Commission to supervise and monitor the sector.
- India: Insurers asked to explain exclusion of congenital defects October 23, 2018 12:22 amThe Delhi High Court has asked the IRDAI to "explain the reasonableness" of not granting insurance cover to people suffering from congenital anomalies.
- Indonesia: Claims from Palu disaster exceed US$45m October 23, 2018 12:22 amThe Financial Services Authority (OJK) has stated that general insurance claims arising from the earthquake and tsunami in Palu in Central Sulawesi on 28 September have reached IDR680bn ($44.8m).
- Australia: Good adviser relationships withstand misconduct revelations October 23, 2018 12:22 amCustomers who have established trusted relationships with their adviser say that the Royal Commission will have no impact on their advice relationship, according to survey findings released last week by MetLife Australia.
- China: Swiss Re reportedly in talks on investing in Anbang October 23, 2018 12:22 amSwiss Re has held discussions with Chinese authorities about an investment in embattled insurer Anbang Insurance Group, reports Bloomberg citing people with knowledge of the matter.