The latest articles and news from Asia Insurance Review
- Pivotal moment for insurance in Asia as InsurTech investment accelerates April 24, 2018 8:09 pmIt is a pivotal moment for insurance in Asia, said Mr George Kesselman, president, InsurTech Asia Association at the opening of the Asia Insurtech Summit 2018. Investment in InsurTech is accelerating and Asia is at the forefront of this growth.
- Global: Reinsurer capacity stays stable despite 2017 cat losses and stress on underlying performance April 24, 2018 8:09 pmShareholders' equity in 34 reinsurance companies tracked in the Willis Reinsurance Index was up by 7.8% to US$371 billion at end-2017. The increase occurred despite catastrophe losses, which led to a weighted combined ratio for the tracked reinsurers of 104.8%, up 10.4 percentage points from the previous year.
- Australia: Financial advice scandal worsens with likely shareholder class action April 24, 2018 8:09 pmA global law firm is investigating a possible class action against Australia's biggest wealth management company AMP, which has admitted to cheating customers and lying to the corporate regulator, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- India: Regulatory chief tipped to be named next month April 24, 2018 8:09 pmThe post of chairman of the IRDAI is likely to remain vacant for another month as the Cabinet body dealing with the appointment is expected to take another three to four weeks to finalise the appointment.
- China: Allianz offers entertainment insurance April 24, 2018 8:09 pmGlobal insurer Allianz has expanded its entertainment insurance business to mainland China and Hong Kong, to serve a niche in the region's booming film and performance industry.